Sunday, June 8, 2008

THE SECRET OF FREEDOM?

I zapped this except from another's post because it included a
quote from a respected Justice on the Supreme Court....which
is similar to what I said in my first post when I began this blog
on behalf of that mormon sect. That excerpt is as follows:

Posted on May 19, 2008 by Jamie Spencer
...the beginning of all freedom

Shawn Matlock declares that privacy as we know it is [possibly] a thing of the past.

Using Justice Douglas’ line that “The right to be let alone is the beginning of all freedom” as the title of his post, he assails the current Deputy Director of National Intelligence’s recent assertion that Americans need to rethink their definition of privacy.

Anyone interested in an excellent discussion on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) and privacy should read Shawn’s post thoroughly. Those left unsated can [this part was left unwritten].

What I wrote in my first post was as follows:

"Actually, the real motivation for such abuses of gov-
ernment - both at Waco and at that mormon com-
pound - is simply this: government just can't accept
the idea that there are individuals and groups of
people who simply wish to be left alone...to live their
lives outside the conformities which most of us are
forced into by political correctness and the hypocrisy
of what is perceived to be the correct way to conduct
our lives."

Gee, its nice to know that the said Justice agrees with me....or that I agree with him.

No comments: